You Don't Need to Spend a Fortune to Drink Great Bordeaux
“ Bordeaux comes with a lot of baggage,” says James Sligh , sommelier at much-loved New York wine bar La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels. “I remember as a younger, aspirational wine drinker, thinking that Bordeaux was all fancy estates and super-expensive wine I couldn't possibly afford.”
A little older now, and with a wealth of industry experience - including 18 months in wine retail and extended stints pouring bottles from some of the city's great wine lists - Sligh strongly believes you can find great value in Bordeaux. You just have to look in the right places.
More than 500 million liters of wine is made by Bordeaux's 7,000 or so estates annually. The vast majority of it is red. Prices range from just a few dollars for a bottle of generic appellation red Bordeaux, to several hundred, and occasionally thousands, for those from the region's classified chateaux.
The top tier of Bordeaux wines, with their stratospheric price tags and pedigrees, represents a very small portion of the...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Beyond Budweiser: Understanding the Clydesdales' Connection to American Beer History
- Raising a Glass to Fish and Chips, a Beer-Battered British Icon
- ‘World's Best Beer' Westvleteren Now Has a Web Store
- Rosé-Loving Jesse Bongiovi and Dad, Jon Bon Jovi, Teach Us ‘the Exhale'
- What We Miss When We Celebrate D.C.'s Revitalized Drinks and Restaurant Culture
- Bourbon Warehouse Collapses, 4,000 Barrels Lost
- Ask Adam: Will I Ruin My Crystal Glassware if I Wash It With Hard Water?
- The Differences Between Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Aromas, Explained
- Disney's New Marvel Park Is Planning a Brewery
- Stanley Cup Winner Celebrates by Chugging Bottle of Pappy Van Winkle
- 12 Breweries Combatting Water Waste with Beer
- 10 Things You Should Know About Woodford Reserve
- The Craft Beer Scene in Boise, Idaho Is Getting Bigger by the Day
- Your Favorite Kellogg's Cereals Now Available As Beers
- Bodegas Luzón ‘Luzón Verde' 2017, Jumilla, Spain
- Here's Everything to Discover in Italy's Lugana Region
- We Asked 10 Sommeliers: What Are You Drinking on Father's Day?
- Hop Take: Is Spiked Seltzer the New IPA?
- Exploring the Cool, Welcoming Drinking Scene in Jersey City
- The Canadian Cocktail Inspired by a Hollywood Icon
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
The Best Vegan Breakfast Cookies
Vegan breakfast cookies made with 4 ingredients in less than 20 minutes. The best cookies! Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, oil-free.
Coolgreens Debuts Fresh New Menu Item
Healthy lifestyle eatery adds Goat Berry Avocado Toast to its chef-inspired menu, available through Sept. 1 Oklahoma City, OK Coolgreens is committed to providing “more than”...
PINEAPPLE MEXICAN SHREDDED CHICKEN
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Pineapple Mexican Shredded Chicken is perfect for Cafe Rio style salads, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, or burrito
Costco Is Selling Jumbo Pink Doughnuts Topped With M&Ms, and There Are Just...
Costco has done it again. In fact, there's a hashtag dedicated to that very notion filled with nearly 10,000 posts, and if there's one thing the wholesale chain really excels...
EASY GARLIC BUTTER SALMON
Easy Garlic Butter Salmon, so tender and flaky, and on the table in less than 30 min.
Everyone Congratulate the World's 50 Best for Including Six Women on Its...
Here are the restaurants ranked 51 - 120 Today the World's 50 Best Restaurants list announced the people who were recognized by judges as good, but not good enough to make it...
Grilled Pork Chops
The best Grilled Pork Chops recipe! These come out tender and juicy, and the ingredients in the marinade and dry rub are the perfect compliment to pork. A new staple summer...
Peanut Butter & Jelly Babka
Classic childhood favorite PBJ turned adult style, Peanut Butter & Jelly Babka. A sweet bread that's perfect anytime!
Creamy avocado sauce
A simple vegan green sauce made with avocado and a few other ingredients. Delicious with roasted potatoes, a salad or some grilled veggies.
Mole Tempeh Enchiladas
These easy to prepare Mole Tempeh Enchiladas are made with a homemade mole sauce, protein-rich tempeh, cheese, and corn tortillas.