You Don't Need to Spend a Fortune to Drink Great Bordeaux
“ Bordeaux comes with a lot of baggage,” says James Sligh , sommelier at much-loved New York wine bar La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels. “I remember as a younger, aspirational wine drinker, thinking that Bordeaux was all fancy estates and super-expensive wine I couldn't possibly afford.”
A little older now, and with a wealth of industry experience - including 18 months in wine retail and extended stints pouring bottles from some of the city's great wine lists - Sligh strongly believes you can find great value in Bordeaux. You just have to look in the right places.
More than 500 million liters of wine is made by Bordeaux's 7,000 or so estates annually. The vast majority of it is red. Prices range from just a few dollars for a bottle of generic appellation red Bordeaux, to several hundred, and occasionally thousands, for those from the region's classified chateaux.
The top tier of Bordeaux wines, with their stratospheric price tags and pedigrees, represents a very small portion of the...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- The Complete Guide to Pairing Alto Adige Wine With Soups & Stews
- 9 Things You Should Know About Tecate
- 9 Questions About Beaujolais You're Too Embarrassed to Ask
- Cocktail Trends Come and Go. Long Island Iced Teas Are Timeless
- 8 Wine Accessories Every True Wine Lover Should Own
- Mexican Tequila Regulators Not A Fan Of Elon Musk's ‘Teslaquila'
- ‘Rabid' Raccoons Turn Out to Be Drunk on Crabapples
- Hop Take: Calm Down Everyone, Craft Beer Prices Aren't Spiking
- Best Practices: Bloody Marys Require Restraint
- Lamoreaux Landing Cabernet Franc 2016, Finger Lakes, N.Y
- AB InBev Wants To Sell You A Keurig For Pre-Mixed Cocktails
- Pappy Thanksgiving: This Bar Is Giving Away Its Pappy Van Winkle Stock for Cheap
- Three Ways You're Drinking Scotch Wrong. And One Easy Fix!
- The Florida Marketing Stunt That Gave the World the Sex on the Beach
- Charted: America's Biggest Brewers by Decade, From 1950 to Now
- Hungary's Sweet ‘Wine Of Kings' Is Getting a Crisp, 21st-Century Makeover
- Raise a Whole Glass for Charity at the Reboule du Rhône
- This Special Decanter Opens Up Wine Faster Than Any Other Decanter
- Trump Invents, Attacks ‘Not Fair' French Wine Tariffs
- Guinness Releases Its First-Ever Barrel-Aged Stout
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Homemade Everything Pretzels and Honey-Mustard Dip
SPONSORED POST: From Dijon Originale mustard to Cornichons, Maille has a rich heritage starting in 1747 that honors tradition. Check out these easy recipes that pack great...
Apple Cider Sorbet
Light, simple, just one ingredient and so, so good. Make this apple cider sorbet sooner rather than later. I batched cooked over the weekend, prepping for the days ahead with...
Cranberry Relish: The NPR Recipe That Divides Thanksgiving Tables
It's the Friday before Thanksgiving, which means it's time for the annual recitation of Mama Stamberg's cranberry relish. Love it or hate it? Listeners weigh in. (Image credit...
1st Birthday Cake
It has 2 tiers, 6-inch diameter layers of delicious banana bread cake with a cream cheese frosting, naturally sweetened & natural sprinkles
Chocolate and Pear Almond Tart
A rich, and delicious gluten free chocolate tart filled with ground almonds and cut pears. Served with chocolate soil! Great for autumn!
Mild Hokkaido and Spinach Vegan curry
Mild Hokkaido and Spinach Vegan Green Curry recipe for the whole family, healthy and delicious.
Frosted Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin Cake with Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting is what all pumpkin cake dreams are made of! A luscious frosting over a spiced cake
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
Meet your new favorite veggie! Smashed Brussels Sprouts are a deliciously EASY & GLUTEN FREE side dish.
Best Charcuterie And Cheese Platter
How to Make The Best Charcuterie And Cheese Platter For The Holidays
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Prepares to Serve Guests Looking to Spend...
On Cracker Barrel's busiest day of the year, America's Thanksgiving experts offer three ways for guests to relax and enjoy the holiday Lebanon, TN This Thanksgiving, Cracker...