This Marseille Microbrewery Is Crowd-Sourcing Hops and Training Urban Farmers
Though two people officially own Part Faite , the Marseille microbrewery chugs on community.
Born from a successful crowdfunding campaign, Part Faite is run by Gonzalo and Laure Araque-Goy, a couple whose love of beer is only surpassed by a fierce love of community. Gonzalo and Laure launched their line of three organic brews by enlisting 300 beer lovers in 18 tasting sessions of 16 beers. The oil in their fermenting tanks is recycled from local restaurants. Leftover chaff, or grain husks, go to a boulangerie for beer bread, or to a nearby farm for animal feed.
Even the microbrasserie's name promotes togetherness. “Part” stems from the communal “participation” of all those involved in making their artisanal suds. “Fait” is a derivative of the French verb “faire,” which means “to make.”
There's a dash of the aspirational, too. “ Parfait is perfect in French,” Laure says with a wink.
When the duo wanted to try their hands at hop farming, they naturally came up with a cooperative-style solution: Give seedlings...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Concreto' Malbec
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Zuccardi Q' Malbec
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Jose Zuccardi' Malbec
- Meerlust Rubicon
- Groth Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon
- Get Lit With These DIY Natty Light Halloween Costumes
- White Blends, The Elegant, Great-Value Wines No One Talks About
- The Definitive Guide to Pairing Chianti Classico With Popular Mexican Food: INFOGRAPHIC
- Seven Things You Should Know About Southern Comfort
- Blue Wine Not a Gag: Apparently, Americans Love It
- Is Bordeaux Worth Drinking Anymore?
- Virgin Atlantic Debuts ‘Pride Flight' With All-LGBTQ Crew
- Devastating Coffee Rust Hits 70% of Central America's Arabica Plants
- Hop Take: All About Beer Is Dying, May Already Be Dead
- Best Practices: Less Is More When You're Making Mojitos
- Ponzi Vineyards Pinot Gris 2017, Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Eggnog Vodka Is Landing Just in Time For Holiday Season
- Elon Musk's ‘Teslaquila' Is ‘Coming Soon'
- Goose Island Bourbon County Beers 2018, Ranked
- 9 U.S. Ski Destinations For Your Alto Adige Alpine-Inspired Winter Adventures
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Flatbread
This gluten-free flatbread uses just a few staple ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now and sneaks in some veggies!
Healthy Thai Chicken Soup
Clean tasting and light on calories, this healthy Thai chicken soup is delicious! Quick, easy and super simple to make for dinner.
Best Ever Vanilla Pastry Cream
This delicious Vanilla Pastry Cream or Creme Patisserie is creamy, easy to prepare, and is the perfect filling for donuts & cakes.
Squash Kale Salad
Vegetarian roasted pumpkin kale salad with toasted pecans, farro, and a delicious tahini garlic vinaigrette. Perfect salad for fall!
Two Cup Tuesday Linky No.143
I am going through a change - a transformation - I'm a chrysalis waiting to turn into a butterfly. For several months I've been mulling over the idea of merging Pint Sized...
Sugar Free Apple Date Cake
This Sugar Free Apple Date Cake With Coconut Topping is melt-in-the-mouth delicious! Dairy free and so easy to make.
Guava and Cream Cheese Puff Pastry
These guava and cream cheese puff pastry cups are filled with guava paste and sweetened cream cheese for the best ooey gooey treat.
Two Cup Tuesday Linky Party No.144
How is it October already? My summer tan is fading and the down comforter is back on the bed. Halloween is quickly approaching, followed by Thanksgiving and then Christmas is...
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
A moist and tender PSL bread filled with chocolate chips! It's pumpkin spice latte season and the other day while I was enjoying a cup along with a slice of pumpkin bread I...
Tips on Getting Tickets to the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam
We must not forget what history has taught us. History has shown us that people can be cruel, unjust, and unrestrained in their destruction of people. While in Amsterdam...