Scientist Says Storing Wine Sideways is ‘Bullshit'
From intricate storage racks to humidified wine cellars, conventional wisdom tells us the key to storing wine is keeping the cork moist. We do this by storing bottles on their sides, preventing the corks from drying out at all cost. But according to scientist Dr. Miguel Cabral, none of this is true.
As reported in the Drinks Business, Cabral, who is the director of R&D for Portuguese cork company Amorim, says the belief that wine should be in contact with cork at all times - and hence, stored on its side - is apparently “bullshit.”
“The cork will never dry out with almost 100 percent humidity in the headspace, so it is a myth that you need to store a bottle on its side,” Cabral said during a discussion in Portugal last week. He went on to dispel the “myth” that wine needs to be stored in a damp cellar.
“The humidity of the environment around the bottle won't have any influence, because the cork is influenced by the humidity inside the bottle,” he said.
Cabral claims his theory is backed by a study published...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Review: Allagash White
- Review: Wiley Roots Super 77 American Wheat Ale
- Review: Highland Brewing Stargazer White
- Review: Finback Double Sess
- Review: Bell's Oberon Ale
- Archaeologists Dig Up Oldest Evidence of Mesopotamian Beer in Ancient Cups
- Red Bull and Vodka is Scientifically Proven to Start Fights, Study Says
- 9 of the Best American Wheat Beers, Ranked
- The Cult Liqueur That Fought an Argentine War and Changed South American Law
- Five Things No One Wants to Say About Italian Craft Beer
- Seven Industry Leaders Tell Us Why BevCon Is the Country's Most Exciting Beverage Event
- New Aldi Advent Calendars Have 24 Days' of Wine and Cheese
- The Mandarin Bramble Recipe
- Chug-a-Lug: Seven of the Best Boozy Train Rides in America
- With Rising Popularity Comes Endless Iterations of the Classic Aperol Spritz
- California Church Serves Beer During Services, Will Open Brewery
- Captain Morgan's Pumpkin Spiced Rum Is Back In Time For Fall
- St. Louis Bar Star Drew Lucido Wants to ‘Go Out Tipsy'
- The Very Profitable, Entirely True Story of Selling Diet Beer to Burly Men
- ‘Not the Worst Place to Own a Distillery': The Couple Reviving Craft Spirits in Salt Lake City, Utah
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Homemade Almond Milk Ice Cream
It's simple to make your own homemade almond milk ice cream with a recipe that takes just 10 minutes to prepare.
Keto Peanut Butter Blossoms
Not only are these peanut butter cookies low carb, the chocolate kisses are too! These kisses can be made with your fave lowcarb chocolate!
One-Pan Chocolate Cake: Gluten free, dairy free, egg free!
This is my favorite chocolate cake. It mixes right in the pan and just about everyone can eat it. When made as directed it has no wheat, gluten, dairy or egg. If egg or dairy...
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
After just one bite everyone will be asking you for these chewy brown butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
S'mores Brownie Pie
Peanut Butter Brownie S'mores Pie made with Kodiak Cake brownie mix. Perfect summer dessert!
How to Make Broccoli Rice
You've heard of the famous cauliflower rice, but have you ever heard of broccoli rice? It's equally delicious and here is how to make it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
A rich, fudgey interior with peanut butter chips and topped off with a peanut butter drizzle and vanilla ice cream!
Oreo peanut butter ice cream cups
Pinata oreo Ice cream cake
Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
Rich and tasty Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones. Easy, quick and delicious.
How To Make Peanut Sauce
Learn how to make peanut sauce with just 7 ingredients in less than 5 minutes. It's a delicious, super creamy Thai sauce.