Scientist Says Storing Wine Sideways is ‘Bullshit'
From intricate storage racks to humidified wine cellars, conventional wisdom tells us the key to storing wine is keeping the cork moist. We do this by storing bottles on their sides, preventing the corks from drying out at all cost. But according to scientist Dr. Miguel Cabral, none of this is true.
As reported in the Drinks Business, Cabral, who is the director of R&D for Portuguese cork company Amorim, says the belief that wine should be in contact with cork at all times - and hence, stored on its side - is apparently “bullshit.”
“The cork will never dry out with almost 100 percent humidity in the headspace, so it is a myth that you need to store a bottle on its side,” Cabral said during a discussion in Portugal last week. He went on to dispel the “myth” that wine needs to be stored in a damp cellar.
“The humidity of the environment around the bottle won't have any influence, because the cork is influenced by the humidity inside the bottle,” he said.
Cabral claims his theory is backed by a study published...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Everything That's Worth Drinking in Mexico City, According to Limantour's Simón Alberti
- The Blue Lagoon Recipe
- Spain's Rule-Breaking White Rioja Gets a Second Life Thanks to Sherry and a Nosy American Journalist
- Metallica Releases ‘Enter Night' Pilsner in Collaboration with Stone Brewing
- The Dead Rabbit's Jillian Vose Says, ‘Jagermeister Is Off Limits'
- The World's Top 10 Wine Destinations for 2019
- A Brief History of American Homebrewing, the Foundation of Craft Beer
- 10 Hilarious Wine Inspired Shirts You Need For Valentine's Day
- The Tropical Toddy Recipe
- Eager to Ditch Its Bulk-Wine Past, Puglia Embraces Native Grapes and Hip Hop
- Bud Light Bulks Up Its Nutrition Labels
- Flaneur La Belle Promenade Pinot Noir
- Ferrarri Perle Bianco Riserva Trento DOC
- Artesa Estate Vineyard Los Carneros Chardonnay
- Felsina Beradegna Chianti Classico DOCG
- J. Lohr “Gesture” RVG
- J. Lohr “Gesture” Paso Robles Viognier
- Tooth & Nail “Fragrant Snare”
- Ponzi Abetina 2 Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Aymara Reserva Malbec
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Tender banana bread laced with creamy peanut butter and topped with chocolate chips and sea salt flakes.
Easy Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Delicious and fresh strawberry lemonade made from fresh lemons, strawberries, mint leaves and simple syrup.
3-Ingredient Oat Chocolate Cookies
3-Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: soft, easy to make and rich in chocolate. Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, no added sugar
Vegan Lentil Soup
This vegan lentil soup is velvety smooth, creamy, nourishing and only has 7 ingredients! Ready in one pot in less than 25 minutes.
3 Ingredient vegan cookies
3 ingredient cookies suitable for all diets!
Vegan Broccoli Soup
Creamy, rich and filling vegan broccoli soup, made with seven simple ingredients that provide a healthy dose of nutrients!
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Fluffy, sweet and tender Baked Sweet Potatoes! Choose your favorite toppings to turn these into a delicious meal.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
A delicious, comforting Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle soup recipe that is made in one pot! This quick, creamy soup is perfect!
Tomato Roasted Garlic No-Kead Bread
Sun-Dried Tomato Roasted Garlic No-Knead Bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, & filled with delicious savory flavors.
Which Wich Opens First Connecticut Location in New Haven
Superior Sandwich Brand Plans Further Growth in State, Focused on 20-30 New Locations Dallas, TX The first Which Wich in the state of Connecticut is now open at 200 College...