‘Not the Worst Place to Own a Distillery': The Couple Reviving Craft Spirits in Salt Lake City, Utah
“I don't want another drink.”
That's not a normal thought for me. I've written about beer for years. Even weirder, I was thinking that in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Known for its religious population and gorgeous scenery, Utah also has the strictest alcohol laws in the United States. Part of me believed the entire state was dry until I spent a couple days drinking my way through Salt Lake City.
It's not the place you think it is. There's a thriving drinking culture: a growing beer scene that includes a brewery brought back from the dead ; cocktail bars like The Bar-X (co-owned by “Modern Family” dad Ty Burrell and his real-life family!); and moody spots to get a stiff drink and a hearty meal, like Bodega.
By the time I wandered through the production facility of Waterpocket Distillery, I knew Salt Lake City wasn't the dry hellscape I had imagined. Waterpocket co-owner Alan Scott knows his stuff and speaks with a clear passion for producing and drinking spirits. In the tasting room, he poured wildly unique...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- The 25 Best Cities to Open a Brewery
- Corona Ditches Six-Pack Rings for Stackable Cans
- 7 of the Best Sancerre Blanc Wines for Less Than $30
- The Perfect Pairing: Brunch and Bubbles
- The Number of Starbucks in Every European Country (2019)
- What Will It Take to Make Rum Cool? This Former Starbucks VP Has the Answer
- The Pros and Cons of Homebrew Automation Systems
- Beyond Budweiser: Understanding the Clydesdales' Connection to American Beer History
- Raising a Glass to Fish and Chips, a Beer-Battered British Icon
- ‘World's Best Beer' Westvleteren Now Has a Web Store
- Rosé-Loving Jesse Bongiovi and Dad, Jon Bon Jovi, Teach Us ‘the Exhale'
- What We Miss When We Celebrate D.C.'s Revitalized Drinks and Restaurant Culture
- Bourbon Warehouse Collapses, 4,000 Barrels Lost
- Ask Adam: Will I Ruin My Crystal Glassware if I Wash It With Hard Water?
- The Differences Between Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Aromas, Explained
- Disney's New Marvel Park Is Planning a Brewery
- Stanley Cup Winner Celebrates by Chugging Bottle of Pappy Van Winkle
- 12 Breweries Combatting Water Waste with Beer
- 10 Things You Should Know About Woodford Reserve
- The Craft Beer Scene in Boise, Idaho Is Getting Bigger by the Day
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Summer Squash Cauliflower Rice
An easy low carb summer side dish, perfect for grilling or cook-outs featuring summer squashes, lemon, and toasted hazelnuts.
Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins that are moist, full of nutrients, and perfectly sweet. Plus, they are oil-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
Double Strawberry Oat Muffins
Healthy, Double Strawberry Oat Muffins made gluten-free and dairy-free, and filled with oats, strawberries and strawberry jam!
Kimchi fried rice arancini
Fusing Italian with Korean to make epic kimchi fried rice arancini. Stuffed with mozzarella, and served with scallion lime aioli
Zucchini Muffins with Coconut
Grandma's Zucchini Muffins with Coconut and Walnuts are the perfect breakfast or sweet afternoon treat!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Oat Bars
Light, fresh, 7-ingredient oatmeal bars made with strawberries, banana and almonds. Vegan, gluten-free and oil-free.
Easy One-Pot Vegetable Biryani
Succulent spiced chunks of soy protein, tender vegetables, and spiced fluffy rice combine to make this easy dreamy restaurant vegan biryani.
Greek Cucumber Salad
Greek Cucumber Salad - an easy and healthy no cook side tossed in lemon vinaigrette and perfect for summer cookouts & potlucks! V + GF
Lychee Sorbet Recipe
Lychee Sorbet is a natural, homemade sorbet that is so full of flavour & fragnance. It uses only 3 simple ingredients & has an easy to follo
Dunkin' Begins Nationwide Delivery Rollout through Grubhub
Launch of Dunkin' Delivers service begins across the five boroughs of New York City through Seamless, Grubhub's New York brand Canton, MA and Chicago, IL More of America will...