Empire Estate Dry Riesling 2016, Finger Lakes, N.Y
In a column devoted to good wines that you might actually stand a chance of finding, the smallest-production wines with limited distribution are pretty much ruled out. Although online ordering from stores and wineries partly mitigates the problem, state regulations on shipping wine remain an often-frustrating and confusing patchwork.
This makes it hard for many people to get their hands on wines from small producers or even entire regions whose wines are not widely distributed. Which is why I was surprised that a superb Riesling I picked up recently in New York's Finger Lakes actually had decent distribution beyond the area.
The wine is Empire Estate's Dry Riesling 2016, one of the best wines I've had recently from this cool-climate region renowned for its Rieslings. The back label says that Empire Estate crafted the wine “to express the dry style of this dynamic grape.” And, in a nod to an unfortunate and still-widespread misconception, it notes that “Riesling doesn't always have to be sweet!”
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Concreto' Malbec
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Zuccardi Q' Malbec
- Familia Zuccardi ‘Jose Zuccardi' Malbec
- Meerlust Rubicon
- Groth Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon
- Get Lit With These DIY Natty Light Halloween Costumes
- White Blends, The Elegant, Great-Value Wines No One Talks About
- The Definitive Guide to Pairing Chianti Classico With Popular Mexican Food: INFOGRAPHIC
- Seven Things You Should Know About Southern Comfort
- Blue Wine Not a Gag: Apparently, Americans Love It
- Is Bordeaux Worth Drinking Anymore?
- Virgin Atlantic Debuts ‘Pride Flight' With All-LGBTQ Crew
- Devastating Coffee Rust Hits 70% of Central America's Arabica Plants
- Hop Take: All About Beer Is Dying, May Already Be Dead
- Best Practices: Less Is More When You're Making Mojitos
- Ponzi Vineyards Pinot Gris 2017, Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Eggnog Vodka Is Landing Just in Time For Holiday Season
- Elon Musk's ‘Teslaquila' Is ‘Coming Soon'
- Goose Island Bourbon County Beers 2018, Ranked
- 9 U.S. Ski Destinations For Your Alto Adige Alpine-Inspired Winter Adventures
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Flatbread
This gluten-free flatbread uses just a few staple ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now and sneaks in some veggies!
Healthy Thai Chicken Soup
Clean tasting and light on calories, this healthy Thai chicken soup is delicious! Quick, easy and super simple to make for dinner.
Best Ever Vanilla Pastry Cream
This delicious Vanilla Pastry Cream or Creme Patisserie is creamy, easy to prepare, and is the perfect filling for donuts & cakes.
Squash Kale Salad
Vegetarian roasted pumpkin kale salad with toasted pecans, farro, and a delicious tahini garlic vinaigrette. Perfect salad for fall!
Two Cup Tuesday Linky No.143
I am going through a change - a transformation - I'm a chrysalis waiting to turn into a butterfly. For several months I've been mulling over the idea of merging Pint Sized...
Sugar Free Apple Date Cake
This Sugar Free Apple Date Cake With Coconut Topping is melt-in-the-mouth delicious! Dairy free and so easy to make.
Guava and Cream Cheese Puff Pastry
These guava and cream cheese puff pastry cups are filled with guava paste and sweetened cream cheese for the best ooey gooey treat.
Two Cup Tuesday Linky Party No.144
How is it October already? My summer tan is fading and the down comforter is back on the bed. Halloween is quickly approaching, followed by Thanksgiving and then Christmas is...
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
A moist and tender PSL bread filled with chocolate chips! It's pumpkin spice latte season and the other day while I was enjoying a cup along with a slice of pumpkin bread I...
Tips on Getting Tickets to the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam
We must not forget what history has taught us. History has shown us that people can be cruel, unjust, and unrestrained in their destruction of people. While in Amsterdam...