9 Things You Should Know About Highland Park Scotch Whisky
You either love Scotch or it's simply not for you - there are no in-betweens. For those of us who fall into the “love” category, smoky, rich Highland Park is hard to ignore. This year alone, the brand earned accolades from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, International Spirits Challenge, and World Whisky Awards, to name a few.
Highland Park has quite an interesting and, dare we say, rebellious backstory. You know those tales of whiskey moonshiners during American prohibition? Well, you can think of Highland Park as the Scottish version of boozy insurgence. Here are nine things you should know about a single malt Scotch with rebellious origins.
Highland Park Was Founded by a Viking. Sort of.
Founder Magnus Eunson was a direct descendant of the Vikings who once abided in the northern Scottish islands. In 1798 he was caught illegally distilling Scotch whisky on the site. In 1826, nearly 30 years and many drams later, Highland Park received an official license to distill whisky.
... He Was Also a...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- This Fireball Whisky-Spiked Pumpkin Pie Will Spice Up Your Fall
- The States That Drink the Most Alcohol in America, Mapped and Ranked
- Lynch-Bages Is Using Technology and Marketing to Push Fifth-Growth Bordeaux to the Top of the Heap
- The Tiki Bonfire Cocktail
- Why Pumpkin Beer Is the Worst
- IHOP Made a Beer Infused With Pumpkin Pancake Mix. Yum?
- Review: Devil's Backbone O'Fest Oktoberfest Lager
- Review: Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Oktoberfest
- GABF Results Are In: No New England Breweries Won Medals for NEIPA
- This Brewery Is Making Beer With Ancient Wine From A Former Supreme Court Justice
- French Winemaker Sebastien Long Would Absolutely Marry Pinot Noir
- Deer Blood Liqueur, and Six Other Urban Legends in Booze History
- ‘This Is a Good Fight': Four Breweries Making Charitable Moves for Lasting Change
- Hard Cider, Frontier Fables, and the True Story of Johnny Appleseed
- Here's Why You Never See NFL Players in Beer Ads
- Six Things About NEIPAs You're Too Afraid to Ask
- Style Guide: The World's Best Places for Growing Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 Things You Should Know About Knob Creek Bourbon Whiskey
- Study: Compound in Red Wine Can Alleviate Knee Pain
- U2's Bono is the Latest Celebrity to Get Into the Whiskey Business
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
The ultimate comfort food dish. Blackened Cajun chicken, peppers, and onions in a creamy spaghetti sauce.
Keto Breakfast Cookies
Keto Breakfast Cookies are soft, chewy and make the perfect healthy breakfast for on the go.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Try this vegan pumpkin pie with a crunchy pie crust and caramelized walnuts on top!
Zucchini and Blueberry Loaf Cake
This healthy zucchini and blueberry loaf cake is moist, delicious and easy to make. It's packed with fall spices!
Lemon Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti Squash
A flavorful, low carb meal made with roasted spaghetti squash, lemon, arugula, pancetta, red pepper flakes, grated Parm and pepper.
Sonic to be Acquired by Inspire Brands for $2.3 Billion
Sonic Corp. and Inspire Brands, Inc. have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Inspire will acquire Sonic for $43.50 per share in cash in a transaction valued...
Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins are quick, simple and make a perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings
Blueberry Pie French Toast
Gluten free French toast made with egg whites served with an easy blueberry compote!
Chorizo and Eggs Breakfast Skillet
How to make a delicious chorizo and eggs breakfast skillet perfect for breakfast, brunch, and even dinner!
Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House Celebrates 40 Years, Offers “Throwback”...
Since 1978, steak lovers have enjoyed the iconic Texas flavor and hospitality of, family owned and operated, Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House. Guests can enjoy their favorite cuts...