9 Things You Should Know About Highland Park Scotch Whisky
You either love Scotch or it's simply not for you - there are no in-betweens. For those of us who fall into the “love” category, smoky, rich Highland Park is hard to ignore. This year alone, the brand earned accolades from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, International Spirits Challenge, and World Whisky Awards, to name a few.
Highland Park has quite an interesting and, dare we say, rebellious backstory. You know those tales of whiskey moonshiners during American prohibition? Well, you can think of Highland Park as the Scottish version of boozy insurgence. Here are nine things you should know about a single malt Scotch with rebellious origins.
Highland Park Was Founded by a Viking. Sort of.
Founder Magnus Eunson was a direct descendant of the Vikings who once abided in the northern Scottish islands. In 1798 he was caught illegally distilling Scotch whisky on the site. In 1826, nearly 30 years and many drams later, Highland Park received an official license to distill whisky.
... He Was Also a...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- Hanna Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Target Launches ‘The Collection' And $10 Wine Has Never Looked So Good
- Kenwood Vineyards Six Ridges Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Estate Chardonnay
- Mi Sueno Winery Los Carneros Chardonnay
- Fort Ross Vineyard Sea Slopes Chardonnay
- Antinori Family Antica Napa Valley Chardonnay
- Frank Family Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay
- Balletto Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Gary Farrell Russian River Selection Chardonnay
- La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
- Dutton-Goldfield Rued Vineyard Chardonnay
- Dutton-Goldfield Walker Hill Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Gehricke Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Stonestreet Alexander Mountain Estate Alexander Valley Chardonnay
- Fort Ross Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
- I'M Wines Isabel Mondavi Chardonnay
- Wolffer Estate ‘Perle' Chardonnay
- Kendall-Jackson ‘Jackson Estate' Camelot Highlands Chardonnay
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Skinny Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes
Skinny Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes are a 50 calorie guilt-free treat that substitutes applesauce for oil, but still makes a moist little cake!
Healthy Greek Turkey Soup
Gluten free, slow cooker Greek Turkey Soup, made with lean ground turkey, packs a ton of flavor in a healthy crockpot recipe!
Chocolate peppermint layer cake
Decadent chocolate peppermint layer cake with ganache filling and peppermint and mascarpone buttercream.
Sesame Noodle Bowls
Meal Prep Sesame Noodle Bowls! Noodles, chicken, veg, and a saucy sesame dressing.
Sicilian Eggplant Mushroom Penne
A great recipe for weeknight dinner; this 30 minute Eggplant and Mushroom in Red Lentil Penne is super easy and delish.
Meal Prep Chicken Meatballs
These delicious chicken meatballs are easy to put together for the ultimate meal prep lunch.
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken
A delicious sheet pan dinner featuring chicken breasts marinated in a simple balsamic sauce. It's baked with hearty vegetables.
Milk Chocolate Chip Cake
This milk chocolate chip cake is a fluffy white cake with mini chocolate chips, a milk chocolate ganache filling, and a whipped frosting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Babka
This chocolate peanut butter babka is a dessert-like bread with a rich swirled filling and loads of flavor! Learn how to make it today!
Carvel Reveals Two New Cake Beers With Captain Lawrence Brewing
If there's one thing that makes us crave Carvel ice cream cake, it's a beer made to emulate it. And so it goes: The latest in a chain of novelty beers are two Carvel...