9 Things You Should Know About Highland Park Scotch Whisky
You either love Scotch or it's simply not for you - there are no in-betweens. For those of us who fall into the “love” category, smoky, rich Highland Park is hard to ignore. This year alone, the brand earned accolades from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, International Spirits Challenge, and World Whisky Awards, to name a few.
Highland Park has quite an interesting and, dare we say, rebellious backstory. You know those tales of whiskey moonshiners during American prohibition? Well, you can think of Highland Park as the Scottish version of boozy insurgence. Here are nine things you should know about a single malt Scotch with rebellious origins.
Highland Park Was Founded by a Viking. Sort of.
Founder Magnus Eunson was a direct descendant of the Vikings who once abided in the northern Scottish islands. In 1798 he was caught illegally distilling Scotch whisky on the site. In 1826, nearly 30 years and many drams later, Highland Park received an official license to distill whisky.
... He Was Also a...
The last Posts from "Vine Pair"
- This House Wine and Cheez-It Collab is Happy Hour in a Box
- The Most Popular Beer Brands in America
- Can't Knock the Hustle: Hip Hop and the Future of Wine
- Brezza Cucina's Don Pirone Could Drink Negronis ‘Every Day' for the Rest of His Life
- This Bar Built A White Claw Claw Game Machine
- Brace Yourself: Boba Beer is Here
- Ask Adam: Is All Natural Wine Organic?
- Estiatorio Milos's Sommelier Wants the World to Love Greek Wines
- Fuzzy Age Statements, Additives, and Other Problems With Rum Regulations
- American Breweries Survived Prohibition by Making Near-Beer, Baby Formula, and Ice Cream
- Tony Hawk Made a Beer With a Skater-Owned Brewery
- Non-Vintage Champagnes Provide Affordable Insight Into the World's Most Prestigious Bubbles
- 9 Things You Should Know About White Claw Hard Seltzer
- Bud Light Will Make Area 51 Cans If It Gets Enough Retweets
- This Shark Week Inspired Beer Is Blood-Red and Salty
- White Claw Dominated Fourth of July Booze Sales
- Jordan Chardonnay 2016 Russian River Valley, Sonoma County, Calif
- Hop Take: Molson Coors Acquires U.K. Brewery, and Investors Are Not Happy
- Rules for Not Tipping Like a Jerk
- Best Practices: Micheladas Are All About Refreshment
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
How to Make Pizza Sausage
Sausage lovers can make their own pizza sausage, perfect for homemade pizza anytime!
Mediterranean Farro Salad
Looking for a quick, healthy lunch recipe? This 10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad is loaded with nutrition and bold, savory flavors!
Farro Salad | Mediterranean Style
This salad as a great mouthfeel and is chockfull of flavor!!
Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken Salad! Crispy almond flour tenders served over a bacon salad with a lightened up honey mustard dressing.
Vegan Gluten Free Potato Salad
Crunchy zucchini relish and a smooth, creamy vegan dressing make this southern potato salad recipe the real deal!
Vegan S'mores Cupcakes
Vegan S'mores cupcakes with a chocolate filling, topped with more chocolate, vegan graham cracker crumbs, and vegan marshmallow frosting
Vegan S'mores Donuts
Vegan donuts filled with vegan marshmallow fluff, dipped in vegan ganache topped with homemade graham cracker crumbs
Roasted red pepper pesto with Penne
This delicious roasted red pepper pesto recipe is very easy to make. It is vegan and gluten free.
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
Slow Cooker Hungarian Beef Goulash, the best comfort food no matter the season.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
So much better then the jarred stuff, this homemade pizza sauce comes together in minutes and has perfect thickness and flavor.