• Pret a Manger Says Customer Died After Eating Mislabeled Food

    2 monthes ago - By Eater

    Plus, an examination of how a Trump supporter and hater coexist at a small-town restaurant, and more food news British-based international sandwich chain Pret a Manger is facing a crisis due to mislabeled menu items. A customer with a severe dairy allergy died in December 2017 after eating a sandwich that was marked as dairy-free, the New York Times now reports. Pret a Manger was already under scrutiny due to the 2016 death of 15-year-old who was allergic to sesame seeds and ate a sandwich from the chain that did not include sesame seeds on its list of ingredients. In a statement posted on...
    Read more ...